Filtering and Downloading Your Food Inventory History
Posted on November 11, 2019 by Lev
Whenever you make an update to your inventory in ReciPal's food inventory management tool, whether it's for a raw material or finished good, the change is recorded in what we call an inventory transaction that gives you a record of:
- Any receipt of raw materials,
- Usage of an ingredient in a production run,
- And shipment of a finished good to your clients,
- Or other change like a spoilage, return, or physical count of inventory.
You can view all these transactions on the history page of an inventory item by clicking on it's Name or Last Updated links on the Raw Materials or Finished Goods page.
You could always view the full history of transactions for an inventory item on its history page, where you could also see some summary information on recent usage, suppliers, and lot codes.
Now you can do a bit more with both raw materials and finished goods. You can:
- Filter transactions by date to see changes over a certain period of time (e.g. a fiscal quarter)
- Download and export those transactions to a spreadsheet (so you can do your own further analysis)
- And batch download all your transactions across all your inventory to a spreadsheet instead of exporting information for just one item.
We added these features because a few of our customers wanted to more easily reconcile their inventory for accounting and bookkeeping purposes, but maybe you'll come up with your own uses. Some things that might be worthwhile would be to analyze spoilage, determine your most popular products, and find inconsistencies over time.
Try it out for yourself, and let us know if you have any questions, feedback, or other suggestions. One thing we're thinking about adding is filtering transactions by type so you can look, for example, at all the inventory receipts, usage in a production run, spoilage, or physical counts. That way you can glean some insights into ingredients, products, and ultimately your business. Sound good? Let us know!
Recipal Features Inventory Management Tips And Tricks
Learn why hundreds of food entrepreneurs already use ReciPal to manage their recipes, costs, and create nutrition labels.
Sign Up Absolutely Free
Just want lessons on growing a food business?
~1 email per month. Your information will not be shared.