Why Should You Conduct a Nutritional Value Analysis?
Most people think that when the need a nutrition label they have to send their food product to a lab for nutrition analysis. While that's not actually required, and ReciPal exists so that you don't have to do that, sometimes you do want or need to have your product lab tested.
In this article we'll explore the scenarios where you'd want to do lab analysis, how you can do it cheaper with ReciPal and how it works. Read on!
When and Why Do Lab Analysis
There are a few classic cases where you should strongly consider doing a lab analysis, and these are when it's difficult to estimate the nutritional changes occurring during processing. These situations might include:
- Fried foods (where you don't know how much oil is absorbed)
- Broths (where you don't know what nutrients are released from bones or vegetables that are later strained)
- Fermented foods (where it's unclear what and how much of the ingredients the yeast digests)
These are just a few examples, but hopefully give you an idea of the types of foods you would want to consider doing a lab analysis rather than working with a database. Of course, you can still do database analysis for these foods, but it will be less reliable and accurate unless you do a lot of research and know what you're doing.
In general, if you aren't comfortable doing a database nutrition analysis or hiring someone to do it accurately, and have the budget, you should think about doing a lab analysis instead. It will give you more peace of mind let you focus on the other aspects of your business instead.
Lab Analysis Through ReciPal
Fortunately for you, we at ReciPal have partnered with a lab that we've been working with for a while to offer discounted lab nutrition analysis that you can order directly through us. It's fairly straightforward how it works:
- First, order the lab nutrition analysis.
- It's $750 per sample, but can be less for multiple products or if the full test isn't required. Normally this is over $800.
- Mail a 5 oz sample for each product to the lab.
- Turnaround is 2-3 weeks to get your results back! It can be expedited, but for an additional fee.
That's about it. We're excited to offer this new service for our customers and help more companies get started!
Contact us (email, call, or chat) with any questions in general or about the process, volume discounts, different types of tests or tests for specific nutrients. We're always happy to chat and try to help.