New Canadian Formats are Live!
Posted on March 25, 2019 by Lev
Long story short, we've released the vertical format (edit 3/29/2019: and now also the linear formats!) of the New Canadian nutrition labels!
Where to Find It
To use the new Canadian formats, go to the Label page of your recipe and choose any of the "Canadian New" options using the Label Type dropdown menu above the label. They're at the bottom of the list.
(EDIT (3/29/2019): We now have the linear formats as well!) We have the vertical format right now, but we wanted to release it ASAP, as many of you have been patiently waiting for this upgrade. And since this includes the bulk of the work for the new rules for listing sugars in ingredient statements, formatting, new daily values, and more, the other formats will follow soon.
Here's what you'll see in the new format(s). (We've covered these in our previous blog on the new rules too ):
- New DVs for nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- New required vitamins (Potassium instead of Vitamins A and C)
- Sugar ingredients aggregated and listed in parenthesis in the ingredient statement under "Sugars". We've gone through and set what are generally sugars, but you can control this on the Ingredient Statement page of the recipe.
- Font for the ingredients and allergens is required to be upper and lowercase and in black font, so no more fun colors or all uppercase or lowercase (and we've removed these options for this format). Ingredients will be shown as the case entered, so you can change the case on the Ingredient Statement page of the recipe to comply with this part. This section is also required to be blocked off in a thin black border like the nutrition table.
- You can flip the language order so that French is first, or show the label in English or French only.
As always, let us know if you have any questions! And we'll keep you updated as we publish the other new Canadian formats in our nutrition label maker.
Learn why hundreds of food entrepreneurs already use ReciPal to manage their recipes, costs, and create nutrition labels.
Sign Up Absolutely Free
Just want lessons on growing a food business?
~1 email per month. Your information will not be shared.