Production Plans - Labor and Multiple Plans
Posted on January 11, 2019 by Lev
We've added two new features to production planning to cover more situations and keep you on top of your business needs. The first gives you more detail in the plan itself, and the second lets you set up more than one plan.
Production plans now have a separate table for labor and hourly requirements. That information is broken out so that you have a way of handling:
- Recipes where labor/hourly non-food ingredients are used
- Total costs of both inventory and labor in your planning
Most of the time you need just one production plan, and the various production runs address your actual work on different products. But sometimes you really do need more than one production plan.
ReciPal's Inventory Pro Subscription takes that into account and allows you to set up multiple production plans. The option is useful for:
- Setting up different scenarios
- Addressing production in different facilities, whether large plants or small storefronts
- Experimenting with new methods or approaches
- Using aggregate planning to set a master plan and various implementation plans
- Differentiating between short term and long term needs and goals
So whether you wanted the greater detail in your plans or the greater flexibility in how you plan or both, we've got you covered!
Learn why hundreds of food entrepreneurs already use ReciPal to manage their recipes, costs, and create nutrition labels.
Sign Up Absolutely Free
Just want lessons on growing a food business?
~1 email per month. Your information will not be shared.